HTML5 Boilerplate is a professional front-end template for building fast, robust, and adaptable web apps or sites.
This project is the product of many years of iterative development and combined community knowledge. It does not impose a specific development philosophy or framework, so you're free to architect your code in the way that you want.
Choose one of the following options:
- Download the latest stable release from html5boilerplate.com or a custom build from Initializr.
- Clone the git repo —
git clone https://github.com/h5bp/html5-boilerplate.git - and checkout the tagged release you'd like to use.
- HTML5 ready. Use the new elements with confidence.
- Cross-browser compatible (Chrome, Opera, Safari, Firefox 3.6+, IE6+).
- Designed with progressive enhancement in mind.
- Includes Normalize.css for CSS normalizations and common bug fixes.
- The latest jQuery via CDN, with a local fallback.
- The latest Modernizr build for feature detection.
- IE-specific classes for easier cross-browser control.
- Placeholder CSS Media Queries.
- Useful CSS helpers.
- Default print CSS, performance optimized.
- Protection against any stray
- An optimized Google Analytics snippet.
- Apache server caching, compression, and other configuration defaults for Grade-A performance.
- Cross-domain Ajax and Flash.
- "Delete-key friendly." Easy to strip out parts you don't need.
- Extensive inline and accompanying documentation.
Take a look at the documentation table of contents. This documentation is bundled with the project, which makes it readily available for offline reading and provides a useful starting point for any documentation you want to write about your project.
Anyone and everyone is welcome to contribute. Hundreds of developers have helped make the HTML5 Boilerplate what it is today.